YUZA is looking for a charismatic and passionate Social Media Manager (with design skills) to join the Product team at our HQ on world-famous Carnaby Street in central London.
We consider social outreach and brand growth to be integral to our products even during development stage and as such this role is part of the Product and Engineering core of the company.
If successful you will be sitting alongside the CPO and within earshot of the engineering team; a great position at the heart of the product incubation process.
The main role involves managing 3 social media brands across multiple networks. They require different tones of voice and content but that’s what makes the roll particularly interesting and varied.
The account themes include:
- Technology news
- Motivational quotes/healthy living tips
However, that this role is not limited to simply posting content. If you have skills in other growth-orientated areas (competitions, advertising, events, publicity ideas, video making) you’ll be supported in having the freedom to be creative and make the role your own. The aim will be to have a team grow around you over time.
We also understand that in successfully managing such accounts some risks are taken. We don’t want a bland commercial feed. We would embrace a candidate whom wittily interacts with external parties with confidence and without fear (with the obvious caveats about politeness and decency still applying).
If you like the sound of the above and want to be part of a dynamic young team, I’d like to hear from you personally. Please send an email to email@example.com with your CV and/or examples of relevant experience.
Salary is negotiable and dependent on level of skill and experience; feel free to be honest and state your desired renumeration level.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Chief Product Officer, YUZA
P.S. This is the position I started in 5 years ago. If this is an area you’re interested in and are ambitious in terms of wanting to create some really cool and successful businesses then it’s a great role to take up.
Desired Skills and Experience
- An eye for aesthetics and ability to use graphic design tools is important in this role. (Not only is it required because graphic creation is a key part of any modern social media management, it is also specifically necessary as one of the social accounts is photography focussed and thus requires a degree of artistic editorial.)
- Great writing and communication skills are also an essential. The successful candidate will be communicating to customers and growing the conversation around key YUZA brands.
- Research skills are really valuable. Tracking down interesting external content, attributing, and passing on with insightful comment will be a common task.
- Previous experience in managing large social accounts.